In the body it is converted to tetrahydrofolic acid, as a coenzyme, is involved in various metabolic processes, and necessary for the normal maturation and education megaloblasts normoblasts. At deficiency of folic acid developed Megaloblastic type of hematopoiesis. Stimulates erythropoiesis, is involved in the synthesis of amino acids (including methionine, serine, glycine), nucleic acids, purines, pyrimidines, exchangeable choline, histidine. When pregnancy is protective in relation to the action of teratogenic and damaging fast acting testosterone mix the fruit of factors. It promotes normal maturation and function of the placenta.
Pharmacokinetics: after oral administration of folic acid, connecting the stomach to the intrinsic factor (a specific glycoprotein), well and completely absorbed in the digestive tract. Almost completely bound to plasma proteins. Deposited in the liver and metabolized primobolan side effects to form tetrahydrofolic acid (in the presence of ascorbic acid by the enzyme dihydrofolate reductase). It penetrates through the blood-brain barrier, the placenta and breast milk. Cmax in the blood is achieved in 30-60 minutes. Excreted by the kidneys in unchanged form (if the received dose considerably higher than the daily requirement), and in the form of metabolites.Displayed by hemodialysis. 5 mg of an oral folic acid excreted from the body within 5 hours.
Indications for use:
- treatment and prevention of folate deficiency on the background of an unbalanced or malnutrition;
- treatment and prevention of anemia, against folic acid deficiency: macrocytic hyperchromic anemia, anemia and leucopenia caused by drugs and ionizing radiation, megaloblastic anemia, post-resection anemia, sideroblastic anemia in the elderly, anemia associated with small bowel disease, sprue, and malabsorption syndrome .
- treatment and prevention of anemia during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- during pregnancy for the prevention of neural tube defects in the fetus;
- long-term treatment with folic acid fast acting testosterone mix antagonists (methotrexate combination sulfametaksazol – trimethoprim), anticonvulsants (phenytoin, primidone, phenobarbital)
Hypersensitivity to the drug, pernicious anemia, cancer, cobalamin deficiency.
Dosage and administration:
It is used inside.
- for the treatment of megaloblastic anemia due to deficiency of folic acid: 5 mg per day for 4 months, the prevention – 2.5 mg per day.
- for the prophylaxis and treatment of macrocytic anemia in sprue, inflammatory bowel disease, and defective or unbalanced pitanii- to 15 mg per day to patients with the disease sprue – 5-15 mg per day.
- for the prevention of fetal neural tube defects – 2.5 mg per day for 4 weeks prior to pregnancy and continue reception for I trimester.
Higher maintenance doses can be administered tren ace to patients suffering from alcoholism, as well as patients with chronic infections and receiving anticonvulsants.
Side effects: It is possible manifestation of allergic reactions (skin rash, pruritus, erythema, bronchospasm); on the part of the digestive tract: anorexia, nausea, abdominal distention, bitter taste in the mouth.
Interaction with other medicinal products: In an application with chloramphenicol, neomycin, polymyxin, tetracycline folate intake decreases. With simultaneous use of folic acid reduces the contraceptive effects of ingestion, ethanol, sulfasalazine, cycloserine and glutetimid, methotrexate, phenytoin, primidina, chloramphenicol. The use of folic acid may reduce the plasma levels of phenobarbital, phenytoin and primidone, and cause an epileptic seizure.Cases of reduction or changes letrozol in absorption may occur, while the use of cholestyramine and folic acid, therefore, folic acid should be taken 1 hour before or 4-6 hours after cholestyramine.
Patients on dialysis need high amounts fast acting testosterone mix of folic acid.
Prolonged use of folic acid, particularly at high doses, possibly lowering blood concentration. Long-term use of the drug should be combined with the intake.